Following the 2018 consultation with the community, where there was no clear financially viable solution, the Council has sought grant and commercial funding sources and believe that a workable and achievable concept has been identified.
- Size - 1250sqm to include full sized basketball/netball court (possibly reduced depending on funding)
- Facilities - Three flexible halls, a pop-up business area with IT equipment including Wifi/printers/scanners, a twelve seat business board room, a further two smaller meeting rooms, cafe and outdoor terrace area.
- Location - North East corner of the recreation ground
- Parking provision - Uplands Lane will be upgraded to provide allocated parking, and on the access road to the existing pavilion, and to the west of the building, including appropriate disabled parking provision.
- Sustainability - The building will be designed to be sustainable with renewable energy, with as many green credentials as possible and in line with local climate change policies. Additional sypmathetic landscaping should offset any marginal loss of greenspace.
The Council seeks the input of residents, community groups, organisations and current facility users and asks that you complete a short survey by the 30th April 2021. This can be done via Survey Monkey or please download the survey here and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the Parish office.
A further, more detailed, survey of the community's
detailed building facilities needs will be conducted as part of a wider
consultation subject to this survey's responses.
As part of an outline planning application, further public consultation on planning related issues will be available, if the grant funding applications are successful and the project is able to progress.
The initial concept designs will be presented at the Annual Parish Meeting on Wednesday 28th April 2021 at 7.00pm, via Zoom videoconferencing. Link to follow.