Following the 2018 consultation with the community, where there was no clear financially viable solution, the Council has sought grant and commercial funding sources and believe that a workable and achievable concept has been identified.
- Size - 1250sqm to include full sized basketball/netball court (possibly reduced depending on funding)
- Facilities - Three flexible halls, a pop-up business area with IT equipment including Wifi/printers/scanners, a twelve seat business board room, a further two smaller meeting rooms, cafe and outdoor terrace area.
- Location - North East corner of the recreation ground
- Parking provision - Uplands Lane will be upgraded to provide allocated parking, and on the access road to the existing pavilion, and to the west of the building, including appropriate disabled parking provision.
- Sustainability - The building will be designed to be sustainable with renewable energy, with as many green credentials as possible and in line with local climate change policies. Additional sypmathetic landscaping should offset any marginal loss of greenspace.
Please click here for presentation given at the Annual Parish Meeting showing the initial concepts.
Please click here for the Questions and Answers summary document following questions asked at the presentation at the Annual Parish Meeting and subsequent to that presentation and the conclusion of April's initial survey.
Please click here for the analysis of the Community Building Survey April 2021
A further, more detailed, survey of the community's
detailed building facilities needs will be conducted as part of a wider
consultation subject to this survey's responses once restrictions are lifted and guidance allows.
An update on progress to date is given at every Full Council meeting to which the Council encourages the public to attend and participate where appropriate.
Please continue to visit this page for regular updates on the progress to date.
The Project Team.
We now have a dedicated email address for project communication email@example.com for any queries and questions on the project to date.
At the Parish Council meeting on Wednesday 23rd June 2021, the Council voted unanimously to seek approval to borrow from the PWLB, an application will be submitted and the Council await the decision on the application to EHDC for a CIL Infrastructure loan, the two decisions if favourable should be enough to get the project underway. A further update will be posted in due course.
Motion for Resolution to Borrow - Report to Council and Supporting Documents